We at the Marie Keating Foundation respect your privacy and comply with our obligations under the
- The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003
- General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) – Implementation Date 25.05.18
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. When you contact the MKF, we need to know your name, email address and query.
This information allows us to understand your query and respond in a meaningful manner. All queries are dealt with by someone from the MKF and no third-party is involved. We will not pass your details on, or use it for any other purpose than to respond to your query.
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information from visitors to our website:
- Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, through our ‘Contact Us’ email facility or by completing one of our online forms.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
Purposes for which we hold your information
- Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Cookies: a Cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for Cookies.
Each website can send its own Cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the Cookies it has already sent to you, not the Cookies sent to you by other sites.
Third party cookies are set on behalf of mariekeating.ie. These partner cookies don’t collect personal data and would not easily be able to identify you as an individual customer.
On the whole, cookies are used:
- For technical purposes essential to the effective operation of websites.
- To enable mariekeating.ie to collect anonymous information about the browsing activities of our clients for internal analysis.
- To drive mariekeating.ie marketing activities. For example, third party cookies may be used to show you relevant advertisements on other websites you visit.
- Personal Data:
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about MKF
- To contact you if required in connection with your enquiry or to respond to any communications you might send to us
Any communications submitted online or by email will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those completed by hand in paper form. If any online application forms are included in our website, you will be notified of any additional specific data protection provisions at the time you complete the relevant application form.
MKF and Data Processor
The MKF will engage certain service providers to perform certain services on its behalf which may involve the Processing of Personal Data, for example using third party software that enables the distribution of the MKF’s newsletters and emails. To the extent that such Processing is undertaken based on the instructions of MKF and gives rise to a Data Controller and Data Processor relationship, MKF will ensure that such relationship is governed by a contract which includes the data protection provisions prescribed by Data Protection Law.
Security of information
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect Personal Data from unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, disclosure, acquisition or access. Personal Data are held securely using a range of security measures including restricted access through approvals and passwords.
Non-disclosure to third parties
If personally identifying data about you may be shared with a partner company, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data so that you may opt out of this transfer if you wish.
We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent, or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your consent.
To make a donation
If you make a donation through our website we do not store your credit card details. All donations are processed via Stripe, the Marie Keating Foundation does not access or store your financial data from this transaction. Stripe as data processors are certified by the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, ensuring compliance with GDPR regulations. The Marie Keating Foundation does not accept liability for any third party discrepancies.
We are required to retain donor details for 7 years. We have a retention policy in place to ensure your details are not held for longer than is necessary for this purpose. To request a copy of our retention policy please contact email@example.com.
We will require your contact details as well as payment details when you purchase products to ensure we are able to send your purchases to the correct address.
You may provide the Marie Keating Foundation with credit card details and other information which will allow the foundation to process the transaction. This transaction is processed via PayPal, the Marie Keating Foundation do not access or store your financial data from transactions made via the website. The Marie Keating Foundation does not accept liability for any third party discrepancies.
Please note the Marie Keating Foundation does not store credit card or bank details for any products purchased a product on our online shop.
The accuracy of your information
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate. If you inform us, or we become aware, of any inaccuracies in the information it shall be promptly rectified by us. We do not retain any information about you which is out of date or which is no longer required. If you would like to request a copy of our data retention policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Data Subject Rights
Data Protection Law provides certain rights in favour of data subjects. The rights in question are as follows (the “Data Subject Rights”):
(a) The right of a data subject to receive detailed information on the processing (by virtue of the transparency obligations on the Controller);
(b) The right of access to Personal Data;
(c) The right to rectify or erase Personal Data (right to be forgotten);
(d) The right to restrict Processing;
(e) The right of data portability;
(f) The right of objection; and
(g) The right to object to automated decision making, including profiling, and where the MKF relies on its legitimate interests to Process your data (including for marketing purposes).
These Data Subject Rights will be exercisable by you subject to limitations as provided for under Data Protection Law. You may make a request to the MKF to exercise any of the Data Subject Rights by contacting the MKF on email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for continued support.
The Marie Keating Foundation