This Donor Charter sets out the commitment that the Marie Keating Foundation makes to all donors and prospective donors.
As a charity seeking donations from the public, the Marie Keating Foundation confirms that it complies with The Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in The Marie Keating Foundation.
We promise that the Marie Keating Foundation will accurately describe its activities and that donations received will be solely used to further the Marie Keating Foundation’s mission.
We promise we will effectively apply your donations for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Where your donations are made to us for a specific purpose, you will be assured that they will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive as appropriate a receipt or acknowledgement of your donation.
- Be assured that information relating to your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally at all times.
- Be informed whether those working in a fundraising capacity are volunteers, employees of the Foundation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Be assured that the Marie Keating Foundation complies with data protection and GDPR legislation
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be assured that the Foundation will not share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the Foundation.
- Be assured that the Foundation follows the principles of best practice in financial management and that all funds are used effectively to minimise the risk of funds being misused
What to do if you have feedback or complaints
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact The Marie Keating Foundation in writing, by telephone or by email. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive Officer. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
The Chief Executive Officer
The Marie Keating Foundation
Unit 9, Millbank Business Park
Tel: 01 6283726
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm