As a charity seeking donations from the public, the Marie Keating Foundation confirms that it complies with the Charities Regulator’s ‘Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public’.
The Marie Keating Foundation pledges to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and transparency.
All fundraising will respect the rights and dignity of donors, beneficiaries and the public.
Fundraising activities will not be unreasonably persistent, intrusive or place undue pressure on people to donate. Should someone not wish to donate, or wish to cease making a donation, that decision will be respected.
Beneficiaries will not be presented in a disrespectful way in promotional activities and, where possible and appropriate, cancer patients and their families and beneficiaries will have an input into the awareness and promotional strategies of the charity.
Honesty and Integrity
Fundraising will occur in an honest and truthful manner.
Fundraisers will act with integrity and not misrepresent the charity, its need for funds or how they will be applied.
Questions about fundraising activities and fundraising costs will be answered honestly and in a timely manner.
Information about the Marie Keating Foundation’s charitable purpose and activities will be made freely available.
Charitable donations and gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were donated
Transparency and Accountability
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Marie Keating Foundation.
The Marie Keating Foundation will take responsibility for its actions and will be capable of explaining, clarifying and justifying those actions.
The Marie Keating Foundation’s Board Directors and management will explain and account to donors and the public for the charity’s actions.
The Foundation will operate in an open, frank and honest way and will ensure that transactions, operations, information and communications are easily understood by donors and the public alike.
The Foundation will clearly identify to donors and the public the cause for which the fundraising is occurring and how donations will and are being used.
The Foundation is committed to ensuring it is easy to contact the charity in relation to any issue.
The Foundation has a procedure in place to address complaints.
We promise we will effectively apply your donations for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission and vision, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the Foundation’s Board of Directors, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Where your donations are made to us for a specific purpose, you will be assured that they will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive as appropriate a receipt or acknowledgement of your donation.
- Be assured that information relating to your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally at all times.
- Be informed whether those working in a fundraising capacity are volunteers, employees of the Foundation or hired third party agents.
- Be assured that any personal data will be handled with respect and in adherence to relevant data protection legislation.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be assured that the Foundation will not share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the Foundation.
What to do if you have feedback or complaints
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact The Marie Keating Foundation in writing, by telephone or by email. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive Officer. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
The Chief Executive Officer
The Marie Keating Foundation
Unit 9, Millbank Business Park
Tel: +353 (1) 6283726
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm