Brief Overview and purpose of the role:
The Foundation’s mission is to make cancer less frightening by enlightening and our aim is to live in a world free from the fear of cancer.
Today, the Marie Keating Foundation is one of the leading voices in Ireland for cancer prevention, awareness and support. We are committed to being there for people diagnosed with cancer, and their families at every step of their cancer journey, and our services reflect that. Through our information and support services, we reach thousands of people a year, giving education, information and advice focused on cancer prevention and early detection, as well as providing support services and financial assistance to those living with and beyond cancer.
Individual Giving plays a major part of our plans for growth over the next 4 years and the main purpose of your role will be to manage a variety of direct marketing campaigns (with a focus on face to face) to maintain and grow our income from individuals. You will work closely with our Head of IG and in some cases our Director of Communications towards agreed targets as part of your role.
This role is very hands on – one day you might be writing copy for an appeal, the next you might be responding to a supporter enquiry, one day you might be analysing performance through data, and another you might be talking to one of our nurses about a case study.
This role represents a great opportunity for a great fundraiser to be part of a growing and developing team within a caring, kind, tightly knit charity.
Fundraising campaigns and project management
- Help develop and create effective fundraising appeals and campaigns based on sound fundraising and marketing principles and strategies.
- Help to deliver the IG Fundraising Strategy taking on specific income generating projects.
- Manage activity for the recruitment of new donors and the retention and development of existing donors.
- Manage third party suppliers (face to face agencies, printers, designers etc.) to ensure projects are rolled out on time and within budget.
- Ensure budgets are tracked and managed with finance and suppliers.
CRM and data
- Generate results (response rates, average gift, ROI etc.) and an end of campaign review with recommendations to maximize the income of future campaigns.
- Manage the donor database and be proficient in all areas of CRM System.
- Work closely with the Head of IG to target individuals appropriately and produce and manage selections according to campaign
- Use CRM data to support reporting and campaign management and forecasting.
Supporter Care and Other Duties
- Assist supporters and donors with queries and complaints in a timely and polite fashion.
- Manage the acknowledgment process.
- Ensure supporter records are kept up to date and accurate.
- To help develop our supporter care programme to ensure our donors feel engaged with our work and feel they are an integral part of our impact.
- Become proficient in MKF’s CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Keep up to date on developments in direct and digital fundraising/marketing
- Be knowledgeable of current Data Protection legislation
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks within the scope of the role as agreed with your line manager
- Act in the best interests of MKF at all times and in accordance with our mission and vision
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Fundraising Experience required including face to face, print and digital (at least 6 months).
- Legacy experience desirable.
- Skills in using CRM systems are required, ideally experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Ability to work to set targets and deadlines expected.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- High level of attention to detail expected.
- Ability to work on own initiative expected.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Mark Maliniak, Head of IG, at [email protected]