Brief overview and purpose of the role:
The Marie Keating Foundation is seeking an experienced and dynamic Manager – Corporate Partnerships & Major Gifts to join our team at an exciting time of growth for the charity. Reporting to the Director of Fundraising, this person will play a pivotal role in helping us to realise our ambitious fundraising targets as set out in our new five-year Fundraising Strategy. It will also support the Foundation to meet a core objective in our three-year Strategic Plan: Developing a new funding model to ensure sustainability and to support our future growth.
The role is ideal for a highly motivated person with at least 4 years’ experience managing Corporate Partnerships and Major Donor fundraising programmes. You will be responsible for the development of a new corporate partnerships and major gifts strategy to identify and secure new relationships to significantly increase income, voice and reach. In addition, you will support the delivery of first class account management and stewardship for our existing portfolio of corporate partners and major donors to maximise their potential.
This is an exciting time to join the Marie Keating Foundation as we continue to implement our focus on supporting cancer patients and survivors at Every Step and in our mission of ‘making cancer less frightening by enlightening’. You will work closely with colleagues across Communications and Fundraising, as well as with our service providers, nursing team and our CEO, reporting directly to the Director of Fundraising.
Reporting to: Director of Fundraising
Key relationships: Staff within the Fundraising and Communications departments.
Contract: Permanent, full time contract (subject to successful completion of a 6 month probationary period).
Location: Remote working will be required until COVID-19 restrictions allow a return to our office in Lucan
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a corporate partnerships and major gifts strategy.
- Develop robust cultivation and stewardship plans for all corporate and major donor partnerships, ensuring engagement and support from across the organisation and networks to help deliver the partnerships.
- Identify and research prospects and develop a robust pipeline of new corporate and major donor relationships that ensure the financial targets are met and exceeded.
- Develop and maintain a suite of high quality materials to be used in proposals, applications and presentations to help engage corporates
- Establish KPIs for the corporate partnerships function that help deliver a robust and sustainable portfolio of partnerships that meet agreed targets.
- Provide regular analysis on the market, identifying patterns and opportunities that the charity could capitalise on.
- Contribute to the development of organisational strategy and play a lead role in contributing to the wider income generation and communication strategy to support this.
- Lead on the annual budgeting process for corporate partnerships and major gifts, working closely with the Director of Fundraising, Finance manager and CEO.
- Proactively manage budgets, monitor and report on corporate partnership and major gifts income generation including corporate pipeline, new business achieved and the status of existing partnerships to ensure income targets are delivered.
- Set and monitor relevant KPI’s for both short and long-term growth.
- Ensure all relevant data pertaining to corporate partners and major donors are recorded on MS Dynamics to support effective stewardship, data capture, data management, donation processing and segmentation of donors.
- Ensure that all activities are compliant with GDPR and data protection and privacy legislation.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues across the Foundation to identify the propositions and engagement opportunities most likely to be valuable and appeal to corporates and major donors.
- Work across the Foundation’s nursing services and communications team to maintain a clear, current understanding of the Foundation’s impact to inform partnerships and donor relationships.
- To create and oversee customer service and stewardship activities to ensure that corporate partners and major donors feel valued and understand the impact their support is having.
- To work closely with the finance team to ensure we are representing and managing financial information and legal agreements accurately and effectively.
- Work with Director of Fundraising to carry out other associated duties as may arise, e.g. with fundraising events or other related fundraising campaigns in line with the broad remit of the post
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development
- Work collaboratively with staff across the Foundation as appropriate
- Work effectively and efficiently to administration, communication, health and safety protocols and policies to ensure that organisational systems and procedures are implemented
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practice
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or schemes or staff etc.
Masters or Degree level qualification in Business or similar discipline and/or suitable accredited fundraising qualification such as a Diploma in Fundraising.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience managing Corporate Partnerships and Major Donor fundraising programmes demonstrating a clear track record of reaching challenging revenue generation targets
- Experience of developing a strategy for growing income through acquisition and delivery of corporate partnerships and major gifts.
- Clear evidence of business development including understanding need, development of proposals and pitches from initiation to launch.
- Evidence of effective working knowledge of strategic corporate partnerships, including both the acquisition of new partners and the ongoing account management and stewardship of partners and major donors
- Experience of negotiating partnership agreements and commercial participator agreements.
- Experience of budget creation, financial management, evaluation and reporting
- An up to date knowledge of the fundraising sector and key trends and developments.
- Evidence of effective planning and organisational skills including project planning, costing, prioritisation and time management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Successful negotiating, presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to develop strategies, operational plans and KPIs in collaboration with a number of key stakeholders.
- Evidence of effective IT Skills with good knowledge of using a CRM system/ database, preferably MS Dynamics
- Ability to develop and manage senior relationships with corporates, high net worth individuals and senior internal stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the charity at external events or with external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ability to work well independently but also as part of a wider team
- Experience of working in the charity sector, preferably in a health related charity
Applications to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday April 23rd