The Marie Keating Foundation is recruiting a Communications Executive
The Marie Keating Foundation is a registered charity working to increase awareness and reduce the risk of cancer within all sectors of the community. We promote early detection and the importance of a healthy lifestyle in eliminating cancer as a life threatening illness. We provide practical support services for those affected by cancer and we work with other organisations to optimise efforts to reduce the risk. Our ethos is “making cancer less frightening by enlightening”.
We are now seeking a Communications Executive on a one-year contract to work with the Foundation at our office in Lucan, Co Dublin.
Reporting to the Communications Manager and working directly with the Nursing Services and Fundraising teams, the role of the Communications Executive is to support the implementation of the communications strategy for the Foundation. This is a varied and interesting role within a small team and it is a great environment to learn on the job, across all aspects of communications including; PR, social media, digital marketing, website development, events and media relations.
Full details on the role and key responsibilities are below.
The candidate will have a relevant communications, PR or media qualification and this opportunity would be a fantastic start to a career in communications for a recent graduate. Any experience working in a similar role is desirable but not a requirement. In addition, the candidate should have an interest in the health and/or charity sector and have a positive self-starter attitude and the ability to work within a small team, juggling a diverse workload.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a CV with a covering letter outlining their suitability and send for the attention of:
Marie Keating Foundation
Unit 9, Millbank Business Park,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than Thursday, January 31st 2019. First round Interviews for the position will take place in early February 2019.
Position: Communications Executive
Contract: One year
Reports to: Communications Manager
Function: The primary function of the role is to support the implementation of the Communications Strategy for the Foundation. The Communications Executive will support the Communications Manager and wider team in helping to enhance the Foundation’s profile through all of its communications, both external and internal.
The main responsibilities on external communications include:
- Support the planning and co-ordination of the Foundation’s cancer awareness campaigns and events
- Assist in implementing all media campaigns for the Foundation. Help work on drafting media materials, building relationships with media and helping to seek interview opportunities where they arise.
- Develop positive relationships with the Foundation’s health experts, patients and ambassadors as spokespeople for the Foundation.
- Assist with managing the day to day posting and scheduling on all Foundation digital channels, including website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). Work on blog and written content for the website and help fact check its content to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Assist in working with suppliers on the writing, design and printing of all fundraising and cancer awareness collateral, including information leaflets, event advertisements, annual reports, newsletters, etc, working together with relevant Foundation team members as appropriate.
- Assist in updating and maintaining MKF’s websites and social media posts in line with brand guidelines and social media strategy.
- Help with assessing each communications campaign with evaluation reports as needed.
- Work as needed to help support the Fundraising team in their events and activities, both where communications are needed or in other capacities
- Work as needed with the Nursing Services team and the CEO to create and produce marketing materials and content; managing health campaigns to support the Foundation’s cancer services and programmes.
The ideal candidate must have:
Education: A relevant third level qualification and/or professional qualification, preferably in communications, marketing, PR or journalism
Communications skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as a good working knowledge of social. Understanding how it can be used to promote the Foundation’s messages would be a distinct advantage.
Special skills: Experience working in a communication role either paid or voluntary is desirable but not a requirement. A demonstrable interest in the health and/or charity sectors is desirable but not a requirement. Working in a small team it is imperative that this person is able to pick up things quickly, think on their feet, comfortable multitasking and has a positive can do attitude.
The position is being offered as a full time one-year contract role with the Marie Keating Foundation. Salary is dependent on level of experience and person specification. The position is based at the Foundation’s offices in Lucan, Co Dublin. Annual leave entitlement is currently 23 days per year and pro-rata for the duration of the contract.
To apply for this position you should send a CV along with cover letter no later than Thursday, January 31st, 2018.
Please mark your CV for the attention of:
Marie Keating Foundation,
Millbank Business Park,
Tel: 01 6283726