The Marie Keating Foundation is a registered charity working to increase awareness and reduce the risk of cancer within all sectors of the community. We promote early detection and the importance of a healthy lifestyle in eliminating cancer as a life threatening illness. We provide practical support services for those affected by cancer and we work with other organisations to optimise efforts to reduce the risk. Our ethos is “making cancer less frightening by enlightening”.
We are now seeking a ‘Donor Development and Marketing Manager’ to work with the Foundation at our office in Lucan, Co. Dublin.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working directly with the Nursing Services, Fundraising and Communication teams, the role of the Donor Development and Marketing Manager is to successfully design and implement a donor recruitment and development strategy and to create a new regular giving /individual giving income streams for the Foundation.
Full details on the role and key responsibilities are below.
Ideally, the candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a direct marketing/fundraising / donor recruitment and development environment. In addition, the candidate should understand the challenges of the voluntary sector and be happy working as part of a small and tight team.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a CV with a covering letter outlining their suitability and send for the attention of:
Chief Executive Officer,
Marie Keating Foundation,
Unit 9, Millbank Business Park,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 2nd 2018.
Role: Donor Development & Marketing Manager
Reports to: CEO
Job location: Lucan, Dublin
Pay Band: TBC based on experience
Contract: 2 year contract with a view to permanency
Job Purpose: To successfully design and implement a donor recruitment and development strategy and to create a new regular giving /individual giving income streams for the Foundation.
Key Responsibilities: Develop a Donor recruitment strategy to capture data, attract new cash and regular donors using digital; Direct Marketing and other proven cultivation techniques
- Create and implement new tactics for donor recruitment, development and cultivation.
- Create a 3 year fundraising plan for regular gifts with specific income targets
- Full campaign management and execution in line with prescribed deadlines. To include briefing of agencies, sourcing/development of materials, managing data selection criteria, copy development, managing the approvals process, proofing, briefing colleagues, campaign analysis and reporting, managing costs and invoice processing.
- Manage donor development activity, to improve supporter retention and giving levels of cash and regular giving supporters using techniques such as direct mail, telemarketing, emails, online marketing, and social networking.
- To ensure that campaigns are integrated or co-ordinated thematically, creatively and/or by target audience to maximise impact.
- To work with the Fundraising Director in supporting other Fundraising and Community events and campaigns
- To work with the Nursing Services team to develop integrated and compelling campaign materials and propositions which communicate the work of MKF and result in donations
- Work closely with Communications Manager and other MKF staff to ensure integrated communications and consistent messaging.
- Consistently analyse results, interpret trends, and provide recommendations on strategic marketing direction
- Monitor and report on budgets and assist in building future expenditure and income targets.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree or equivalent qualification (i.e. marketing qualification).
- At least three years’ experience in a direct marketing/fundraising / donor recruitment and development environment.
- Experience of reaching challenging income targets
- Demonstrable analytical skills and highly numerate with experience of keeping and monitoring financial & budgeting reports.
- Experience and knowledge of direct marketing recruitment and development techniques including for example, Cash appeals, Tax, Email marketing; Newsletter, Display, Social media, Press, Radio.
- Experience of working with a CRM database for donor recruitment and management/ effective analysis of direct marketing campaigns and trend giving patterns.
- Experience of working with external suppliers to deliver successful marketing campaigns
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within a small team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written skills including experience of writing and commenting on fundraising copy
- Excellent planning & organisational
- skills and experience of managing a varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of GDPR and data protection legislation.
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- Good understanding of delivering excellent customer service/donor care
- Experience of working in a marketing context across different regions
- Experience in Digital Fundraising
Closing Date for Applications: CVs should be submitted to email@example.com by closing date: November 2nd, 2018