As the days get colder and nights draw in, it’s still so important to ensure that you get adequate exercise. Being active is just one of the five lifestyle changes you can make to reduce your cancer risk. The others are; healthy diet, quit smoking, reduce alcohol intake and be sun smart.
Mairéad Cooney, a postgraduate researcher in the field of physical activity and cancer at the School of Health & Human Performance, Dublin City University explains how exercise is one of the key lifestyle habits you can tackle to help prevent cancer.
“It is important to know that as soon as you become active, your health starts to benefit immediately. You don’t have to join a gym; you don’t have to be doing structured exercise classes; you don’t have to be out running, if that’s not what you enjoy. Physical activity can be incorporated into your everyday life in simple ways. Try to use physical activity as a mode of transport. Try to walk as much as you can. If you’re meeting your friend for a coffee, why not meet for a walk instead?”
To inspire you to get up and get active, we have TWO Tickets to the Leinster V Munster match in Aviva Stadium on October 6th 2018 to give away, thanks to our friends at Leinster Rugby.
This competition is now closed
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to Irish residents aged 18 or over, except for employees of the Marie Keating Foundation and anyone else directly connected with the planning or administration of the competition. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Only one entry per participant will be permitted, and entry by any other method, other than the method outlined in the promotion, will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received by Friday 28th September at 5pm.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware, software or technical failures of any other kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries, or those not otherwise complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid.
- The draw will be held on Monday October 1st, and the winner will be the first entry randomly selected from all the eligible entries.
- There will be one winner who will receive the designated prize.
- The prize cannot be exchanged in part or in full. There is no cash or alternative to the prize stated, and the prize is not transferable.
- The prize does not include travel, accommodation or transfers.
- By participating, entrants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the prize. Save where it has been negligent, The Promoter will not be responsible or liable to compensate the winner for any damage, loss or injury resulting from their acceptance and /or use of the prize.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a similar prize of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
- The winner will be notifies by the Promoter via email or phone within 7 days of the draw date. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 3 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitles to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- By entering this prize draw the winner agrees that their name may be used for promotional purposes (website, social media etc), including making their name available as the winner of the prize draw to anyone who submits an entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside of its control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of Ireland and shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
- The Promoter only retains data of entrants who have consented to their personal data being processed for marketing purposes. The data is stored online with the Promoter’s Data Retention policy. For more information on this policy please send enquiries to
- The Promoter is Marie Keating Foundation, Unit 9, Millbank Business Park, Lower Road, Lucan K78 A292, Co Dublin.