To donate online via credit card please enter the euro amount below and click continue. You will then be redirected to a secure site to enter your details.
The Minister for Finance finally announced the details of the new tax relief regime to apply to charitable donations from 1 January 2013.
The main features of this regime are as follows:
- Blended tax refund rate to charities of 31%.
- No distinction as to employment status of donors.
- €1 million annual donation limit per individual (with existing lower limit of €250 per anum still applying)
- High Earner Restriction not to apply.
- Simplified administration process for charities and Revenue. For example, 5 year enduring declarations.
- Electronic refund claims to Revenue.
- Tax refunds made to charities only after related annual tax returns filed by or on behalf of donors.