The Marie Keating Foundation is a registered charity working to increase awareness and reduce the risk of cancer within all sectors of the community. We promote early detection and the importance of a healthy lifestyle in eliminating cancer as a life threatening illness. We provide practical support services for those affected by cancer and we work with other organisations to optimise efforts to reduce the risk. Our ethos is “making cancer less frightening by enlightening”
We are now seeking a Communications Manager to work with the Foundation at our office in Lucan, Co Dublin.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working directly with the Nursing Services and Fundraising teams, the role of the Communications Manager is to further develop and implement the communications strategy for the Foundation. This is a varied and interesting senior role which is pivotal in enhancing the Foundation’s profile through a calendar of health promotion campaigns and events as well as high profile fundraising events and campaigns.
Full details on the role and key responsibilities are below.
Ideally, the candidate will have a number of years’ experience in the area of communications in the health related and/or charity sectors. In addition, the candidate should understand the challenges of the voluntary sector and be happy working as part of a small and tight team.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a CV with a covering letter outlining their suitability and send for the attention of
Chief Executive Officer
Marie Keating Foundation
Unit 9, Millbank Business Park,
Lucan, Co Dublin
Or email: email@example.com
Applications should be received no later than Tuesday, February 21st, 2017. Interviews for the position will take place week of March 6th 2017 with appointment made before end of March.
Position: Communications Manager
Contract: Full time, permanent
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Function: The primary function of the role is to design and implement the Communications Strategy for the Foundation. The Communications Manager will play a lead role in helping to enhance the Foundation’s profile through all its communications, both external and internal.
The main responsibilities on external communications include:-
- Plan and co-ordinate all Foundation non-fundraising events and campaigns
- Develop and implement all media campaigns for the Foundation. Draft and issue all media materials, seek interview opportunities, develop relations with media and serve as media contact for the Foundation.
- Develop and manage relationships with experts, patients and ambassadors to speak to media on cancer-related issues.
- Manage all Foundation digital channels, including website and social media. Develop all information content of website including regular updates of pages and addition of links to/from site. Manage the relationship with our external media agency in updating website, creating new microsites and/or digital campaigns. Develop and manage the Foundation’s social media strategy with Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.
- Manage copy, design and print development of all fundraising and awareness collateral, including information leaflets, event advertisements, annual reports, newsletters, etc, working together with relevant Foundation team members as appropriate.
- Develop & implement a Supporters Communications programme (including data capture, selection and management) with a range of different communications including a range of different types of communications.
- Assess impact of each communications campaign with evaluation reports, to be communicated to key stakeholders
- Manage the Communications budget for the Foundation and ensure cost effective implementation to optimise Communications KPIs.
The person appointed will participate in the management of the Foundation’s Marketing Programme including:
- Work with Director of Fundraising on development of comprehensive communications/marketing plan for the Foundation’s calendar of events and activities.
- Support the CEO and Director of Fundraising in developing and implementing the Corporate Partnership strategy and developing proposals for corporate partners
- Coordinate the Foundation’s supplier (creative design, printing and vendor) relationships as they relate to communications.
- Supervise the Foundation’s graphic design needs including coordination with external designers and agencies.
- Work with the Nursing Services team and the CEO to create and produce marketing materials and content; managing health campaigns to support the Foundation’s cancer services and programmes.
The ideal candidate must have:
|Education||A relevant third level qualification and/or professional qualification, preferably in Communications and/or Marketing
|Experience||At least 5 year’s relevant experience in a public relations, communications or marketing position, preferably in the health sector, either in the private or voluntary sector|
|Required skills||Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as a demonstrable track record in implementing broad based communications strategies to include social media tools.|
|Special skills:||Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision and to work well as part of a small team. Polished presentation and interpersonal skills required for representing the Foundation in diverse environments|
The ideal candidate should have:
- A broad understanding of the health sector and cancer services as well as an understanding of the importance of health promotion and education in the area of prevention.
- Experience of working in the charity sector would be an advantage.
- Experience working with a Content Management System such as WordPress would be an advantage
The position is being offered as full time permanent role with the Marie Keating Foundation. Salary is negotiable and based on level of experience. The position is based at the Foundation’s offices in Lucan, Co Dublin. Annual leave entitlement is currently 23 days per year and pro-rata for the duration of the contract.
To apply for this position you should send a comprehensive CV along with cover letter no later than Tuesday, February 21st, 2017.
Mark your CV for the attention of:
Chief Executive Officer
Marie Keating Foundation,
Unit 9, Millbank Business Park,
Lucan, Co. Dublin
Tel: 01 6283726
Interviews will take place week of March 6th 2017 with appointment made before end of March.